25 May 2008

Back!

BlahYou're probably wondering if I was gone then. Yes, I was actually, for a while, for the reasons listed below...

First of all, I went on vacation at the end of April, first week of May. Destination Istria, Croatia. As usual, I have photographic evidence. :P So I was gone for a week, but that still was a fun absense (for me anyway).

Second, and this is the no-fun part, I had some severe hard disk issues on my beloved iMac. I had the issues for a few months really, but they weren't so serious in the beginning. There was a tiny error somewhere on it which caused it to be extremely slow. I attempted to bypass this error by dividing the disk into two partitions, hoping I caught the bad part in one and could install OS X on the healthy half. This cunning plan backfired however, installation was not successful, every attempt at interacting with the drive resulted in a critical input/output error.

The only solution was to bring the poor machine to the nearest iCentre, to get it a brand new disk. However, as a famous Dutch soccer player once said: "every downside has an upside," as I was to find out when the Mac was back where it belonged (in front of me) a week later: they had installed Leopard on it, which otherwise would've cost just about what the repair cost me now.

I suppose that's all part of the Big Plan, everything happens for a reason, everything's connected to everything.

So, I'm back! I'm catching up to some work that was waiting with me for the machine's return and re-installing the necessary software, such as GIMP, Blender and Opera. You know, the usual software everybody just needs to have. ;) When that's all done, everything should be again like it was meant to be.

5 comments:

Ayumi Cassini said...

Welcome back! I've been wondering where you were. Looks like you had a great time. I love the Downtown Umag picture - turned out really nice. Wish there were more :)

Daedalus Young said...

Thanks Ayumi, glad you like my work :D
Looks like my horoscope (on the Zodiac Widget) was right, somebody has been wondering about me. How amazing :P
So how have you been doing?

Ayumi Cassini said...

Heee, yup, I was planning to post a comment asking for a new blog post if you didn't write anything by May 31 ;) I've been pretty busy in RL and didn't have much time to log in to SL either, so now I'm catching up with fun stuff as well.

Daedalus Young said...

Silly RL always messing up the fun... Oh, but the joys of catching up :P

Ayumi Cassini said...

Haha, true ;)